Published on June 2, 2022
MedPharm Iowa has changed its name to Bud & Mary's Cannabis. The name change reflects the Iowa owned and operated company’s strong growth in Iowa, Colorado, and Michigan, while also honoring the legacy of the family-owned business. Along with its major expansions in Colorado and Michigan, Bud & Mary’s is making a significant re-investment in Iowa.
Iowa Expansion Plans
- Bud & Mary's will invest more than $10 million into their existing Des Moines cannabis production facility
- The expansion will allow for a 3x increase in cannabis production for the Iowa program in order to meet increasing patient needs.
- The expansion will add at least 20 new jobs
- The expansion is expected to be complete in early 2023
Multi-State Expansion Plans
- Bud & Mary's will launch a new cultivation & production facility in Michigan in the second half of 2022
- Bud & Mary's will launch a new dispensary in Michigan in summer 2022
- Bud & Mary's is expanding their existing Colorado production facility in late 2022
Name Change Info
- The new Bud & Mary's name went into effect June 3rd, 2022 at the existing Windsor Heights and Sioux City dispensaries, as well as the Des Moines cannabis cultivation facility.
- The new website is www.budmary.com
- External "MedPharm" dispensary signs will transition in July to limit customer confusion.
- The company remains owned solely by Dr. Chris Nelson. This name change was not the result of a merger or other similar transaction. Instead, the name change is meant to better serve the company as it grows.
- The same medical cannabis products will continue to be grown and sold in Iowa, with new products coming later this year.
Iowa Medical Cannabis Program Updates
- Patient numbers have increased significantly in 2022, for reasons below:
- Getting an Iowa med card can take minutes and can be completed entirely online using online doctors.
- The condition "Chronic Pain" is the most common reason for getting a card, which can include a variety of conditions like back pain, neck pain, joint pain, sports injuries, migraines, mental pain, menstrual pain, etc.
- Iowa's 3% THC limit was removed, allowing for full THC products such as 85% THC vapes.
- Iowa's medical cannabis program has grown significantly. As of May 2022 there are over 10,000 registered patients, with 500+ new medical cards being added every month.
Bud & Mary's Cannabis (previously MedPharm Iowa) is a growing leader in medical and recreational cannabis, operating in Iowa, Colorado and Michigan. As a family owned, vertically integrated multi-state operator, Bud & Mary's is consistently able to produce high quality cannabis products for medical and adult-use markets. Bud & Mary's deep roots in plant science guides their pharmaceutical approach to producing cannabis products that medical patients can rely on and lifestyle customer can enjoy. Bud & Mary's is home to a family of medical and lifestyle cannabis brands, including Batch, Aliviar and Become. Batch cannabis vapes have been the most popular brand in their category in Colorado for two consecutive years (2020 & 2021), and since their release in March are on track to be Iowa's most popular medical cannabis product in 2022.
Bud & Mary's focuses on empathy and expertise in order to provide industry-leading customer experiences. Cannabis, for the people.